Heating System Maintenance, High Efficiency Furnace Installation & High Efficiency Heating System InstallationWestchester, IL, Lombard, IL, Addison, IL, Elmhurst, IL, Villa Park, IL & Oak Brook, IL
Who doesn’t want to lower heating bills? As a family owned, third generation business, Alan Energy Services Air Conditioning and Heating Company has 74 years of experience with local weather, all types of heating systems and effective strategies to increase efficiency. We’ve compiled a list of tips we hope you’ll find helpful. For further information, skilled services and the leading innovations in heating technology, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at (630) 303-9075. Our coverage area includes all of Elmhurst, Villa Park, Lombard, Westchester, Addison & Oak Brook, IL.
Energy Bill Saving Tips
- Dress for cold weather in layers, warm socks and slippers.
- Add flannel sheets to the beds, rugs on the floors and warm blankets on the couch.
- Put up insulated curtains on the windows.
- Open curtains during the day to allow the sun to warm the home.
- Close curtains at night to trap the heat.
- Minimize use of kitchen or bathroom vent fans unless needed.
- Change furnace filters conscientiously.
- Run ceiling fans in reverse or clockwise to push warm air downward.
- Turn down the thermostat when you’re away or asleep.
- Get an energy audit to determine where you can improve efficiency.
- Install insulation into walls, attic, ceilings.
- Caulk and weatherstrip around windows and doors.
- Move furniture away from heating vents to allow maximum airflow.
- Schedule a furnace tune-up from Alan Energy Services Air Conditioning and Heating Company.
- Have ductwork tested for leaks and possible sealing.
- Replace an old heating system with a high-efficiency model.